Can you believe that over 70 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders?
In a fast paced world with high demands from work, family and life, we are hardly left with any time for rest or relaxation. It is natural that most of us are affected by stress and anxiety, which in turn, result in lack of sleep, headache, hormonal, nervous, coronary, digestive or other disorders.
Sleep aids such as pills or therapies could provide a temporary relief. They may have side effects or may not provide long lasting relief from the trouble. However, we can better our lives by adopting a solution that is permanent and bears no side effects.
If you wonder if such a solution is available, here is the answer!
Yog Nidra is one such effective solution that would last a lifetime. Yog Nidra means Yogic sleep. It is one of the most profound forms of meditation. It is believed to be a highly effective technique to accomplish balanced levels of mindfulness and relaxation.
Apart from rendering deep and qualitative sleep, Yog Nidra provides several other health benefits that have been discussed here. It also promotes spiritual growth and self realization.
- Relaxes the Coronary System and relieves pressure from the coronary arteries. It provides relief from the associated disorders such as hypertension, migraine, and insomnia.
A test conducted in 2012 was published in Indian Journal Of Physiology and Pharmacology,which showed that women with menstrual problems showed improved levels of blood pressure and heart rate variables after practicing Yog Nidra.
- Helps cure Ulcers and Digestive disorders. Relaxation of mind and body reduces the stress levels, enhances blood circulation and improves digestion. Yog Nidra provides relief from stress that reduces chances of acidity, which is one of the causes of ulcer.
- Helps manage Diabetes. As per a research conducted in a Medical college in India, practicing Yog Nidra in addition to the hypoglycemic drugs improved the blood glucose levels in Type 2 Diabetes patients.
- Yog Nidra also helps in strengthening the spine, addresses asthma, urinary disorders and many other physiological problems.
- Helps relieve tension and stress.
- Helps overcome addiction.
- Enhances memory power and concentration,which improve the learning abilities.
- Strengthens will power and self-confidence.
- Soothens depression and anxiety.
- Tests showed that Yog Nidra provides effective relief from PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) in soldiers who returned from war.
- Induces creativity through relaxation of the mind and connection of the conscious with the subconscious mind.
- Yog Nidra is believed to cure psychosomaticdiseases.
- Motivates in accomplishing goals by training the mind in the right direction.
- Through Yog Nidra, one’s mind is rejuvenated and this results in better freshness than normal sleep.
- Regular and systematic practice of Yog Nidra awakens the subconscious.
- Connects the mind with every part of the body and the spirit.
- Yog Nidra stimulates the quest for one’s own self.
- Promotes a better understanding of oneself and helps in achieving self-realization.
- Each state of Yog Nidra (Waking, dreaming and deep sleep) is associated with the corresponding Chakra (Ajna, Vishuddha and Anahata Chakra). So, during each state of Yog Nidra, the corresponding Chakra is rejuvenated.
- It instills a profound sense of stillness and insight.
The benefits listed here are just to name a few. There are many more positive results that are yielded by Yog Nidra that can be experienced with consistent and systematic practice. Lately, Yog Nidra has shown significant benefits in many of the tests conducted at various institutions. It is being accepted and adopted more openly by people who are looking for a healthy life.
Transcend Horizons will be conducting workshops on Yog Nidra, the details of which you may find on our website. We hope you find this article interesting and helpful. We would be glad to receive and respond to your comments, suggestions or feedback.